An opinionated keyboard layout for Windows, Linux (X11) and macOS.
An opinionated keyboard layout for Windows, Linux (X11) and macOS. Perfect for Polish, good enough for some other European languages.
- Windows: run setup.exe
- Linux (X11): sudo mv xkb-symbols /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/pl && setxkbmap pl (use default Polish layout)
- macOS: mount disk image; drag-and-drop the bundle to Keyboard Layouts
- macOS has some Apple additions: Apple logo on Shift-Option-F, Command on Option-G, Option on Shift-Option-G
- Windows and Linux instead feature a lower single quote on Alt-Shift-F, and the letter eng (Ŋ ŋ) on Alt-G, Alt-Shift-G.
- Version 2017-03a is for macOS only (released in 2017-08). The only difference is the menubar icon, which has been redrawn to account for dual screen configurations (the @2x icon is downscaled to @1x).
- Windows: install Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) — Windows 7 recommended
- Linux: edit the plain-text file (/usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h for reference)
- macOS: install Ukelele
Copyright © 2012-2017, Chris Warrick. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the author of this software nor the names of contributors to this software may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written consent.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.